Odd ora-1652

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:55:53 +1100

Hi, All,

  I have got the ora-1652 error.
"Sun Dec 3 03:04:42 2000
ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 8192 in tablespace PIN00
Sun Dec 3 03:17:28 2000
ORA-1652: unable to extend temp segment by 1024 in tablespace PIN00" This error happened when we refreshed our DB nightly by creating the tables copied from another DB. I have checked the tablespace "PIN00", there are almost 3GB free space left. The table being created is only 1GB big. I checked temporary tablespace as well, there is 2Gb free space. By the way, the PIN00 tablespace is locally management tablespace.

On both table and tablespace level, specify the maxextents unlimited.

I have no idea what's wrong with this error. Can anybody have this experience before? It is on Solaris 2.7 and Oracle 8.1.5.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chuan Received on Sun Dec 03 2000 - 18:55:53 CST