Re: Java RunTime Environment was not found

From: Hermi <hs_at_technologist.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 22:35:30 +0100

Ron wrote:

> I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise on Mandrake

> sh-2.04$ The Java RunTime Environment was not found at
> bin/jre

runinstaller does not find it, where he looks for it ?

I just installed 8.1.7 on SuSE7.0 an during Installation it asked for the location of my Java and proposed /usr/local/java.
But on my machine it is /usr/lib/java, so I had to change it.

perhaps you can just put a symlink to your java where Oracle expects to find it.

hope this helps
--= Hermi =-- Received on Sat Dec 02 2000 - 15:35:30 CST