Java RunTime Environment was not found

From: Ron <macron_at_mcleodnet.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 02:30:33 -0800

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise on Mandrake 7.2. I followed pre-install all the instuctions in the "Oracle8i Release 2 (8.1.6) for Linux Intel Installation Guide" documentation. When I try and fire-up the installer, I see the following:

sh-2.04$ ./runInstaller
sh-2.04$ The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin/jre. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.8 or higher and try again.
: No such file or directory

I have also installed rje118_v3 from blackdown.org, but no change.

Any comments or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron ron_at_mcleodnet.com Received on Sat Dec 02 2000 - 04:30:33 CST