urgent - character set not working with multiple includes??

From: Billy Collins <billy_collins_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:43:48 GMT

hi,

i hope this is not the wrongf place to ask this Q, i am working with the oracle JSP engine so i hope it is ok. i am tearing my hair with this issue. simply put, i have three jsp programs.

    file1
    file2
    file3

file1.jsp is the main program. i include the other two in it.

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=XXXXX" %>
<%@ include file="file2.jsp" %>
<%@ include file="file3.jsp" %>

however the problem is this. all the content in file2.jsp does not follow the charset!!!! why is this? also, i cannot specify the charset separately in all the individual files, because this gives me a compilation error!

pls help! i need to be able to show the content that comes INCLUDED from file2.jsp, but can only specify the charset in the main program!!

thanks a bunch bunch bunch!!

--
Good day
Billy