Re: Script needed for hot backup

From: Ronald J.H. Rood <ronr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:15:47 GMT

In article <8FFCAC37Dsfourniernemetschekd_at_192.168.1.248>,   sfournier_at_nemetschek.de (Stefan Fournier) wrote:
> andy_at_redeye.com (Andy Cowling) wrote in <m2y9zvjq0n.fsf_at_puma.redeye>:
>
> >I'm using Joost Mulder's orabackup.sh shell script. An excellent,
> >well commented script that does hot and cold backups.
>
> I can 100% aggree on this statement. I also have it in production
> and found it very transparent and reliable.
> > http://www.j-mulders.demon.nl/oracle/oracle-backup.html

I took that script and adjusted it a little. It now runs on aix & solaris, backing up 734,805,815,816 databases and the 815 also in OPS mode. There are some bugs in the original script (and probably in mine too). Let me know if you find one ..

--
Ronald
http://ronr.nl/unix-dba

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/