blank maxtents value for temp

From: Richard Chen <qchen_at_snet.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:27:29 -0500

Hello,

    This is for 8.1.6.1.0 on linux redhat 6.2.

While trying to create an index I received

ORA-01630: max # extents (505) reached in temp segment in tablespace

so I tried to increase max_extents:

alter tablespace temp default storage (maxextents unlimited);

But the create index command still fails. Listing the value of max_extents shows
that the value to be blank:

SQL> select MAX_EXTENTS from dba_tablespaces where TABLESPACE_NAME='TEMP'; MAX_EXTENTS

Is the tablespace corrupted? How to increase max_extents in another way?

Thanks for any info.

Richard Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 11:27:29 CST