sun solaris / oracle tuning ideas

From: B. Keith Murphy <murphy70_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:49:44 -0800

I am the sys admin at one of those "dot coms". We are running a Sun ultra 2 with 2 cpu's running Solaris 2.6 and Oracle 8i. It has a A1000 disk raid array holding the data for the database. Right now our I/O is running at around 20% and management is getting a little nervous. Wants to know what we can do to upgrade things to increase response time. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith Murphy Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 13:49:44 CST