LOGIN SECURITY

From: <ketan1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:53:32 GMT

I would like to restrict users to be able to login to certain applications only, whether it be our own applications or Oracle applications, like SQL PLUS or SQL Worksheet.

The PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table can't be used because it only restricts access to SQL*PLUS.

I will have to create some sort of trigger that fires upon the user logging in, that checks to see if the user is allowed to login via the application that they are using.

I'm assuming that everyone using login security must be using some sort of trigger to check whether the user is allowed to login via the application they are using.

Perhaps the v$session table needs to be referenced?

Can someone please provide me with some generic trigger code that verifies the USERNAME (or something???) against the application they are trying to log in to, and denies access if it is not a valid application.

I DESPERATELY NEED HELP WITH SAMPLE CODE. THANKS. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 14:53:32 CST