Re: Oracle/NT auto exec sql on startup

From: Fred.J <fred.johnson_at_baesystems.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:15:51 -0000

Syntactically correct but not appropriate for the job.

We have the same problem here, where the Unix rc file solution would be ideal, we are
struggling with NT.

One of our guys is going to write a simple service which would be dependant upon the database
start service completing successfully. This service would then execute a batch file from a fixed
location which in turn could call others if they exist. Hey presto, a UNIX type implimentation
regardless of how awkward NT makes it.

Cheers,

Fred J