Re: Broken pipes with a "failed to start a dedicated server process"

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:28:33 +0200

"Joe Maloney" <jrpm_at_my-deja.com> wrote

> I have gotten the 12500 when there was insufficient memory for another
> process or the max processes for the id was reached. (The max
> processes in this case is an OS kernal parameter.)

Understand that, but in that case would the listener trace file not tell me that another error occured? And not Unix error 32 which means a broken pipe?

Besides, as the EXEC sh command is used, no new process is spawned. The gateway software is loaded into the current sh's process space. The PID stays the same...

Why would the EXEC sh command lead to a broken pipe?

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 00:28:33 CST