Re: Oracle Certification

From: Kevin McDaniel <kmcdaniel96_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 03:11:27 GMT

Congrats, Mark. I, unfortunately, can't say the same. I took the exam right before Thanksgiving and only got 37 out of 57 questions right. I needed to get 39! But, for someone brand new to Oracle, no working copy of Oracle to practice with, and never having taken a cert exam before, I don't think I did too bad. I've scheduled to retake the test on Dec. 20th. I'll be much more prepared this time.

I agree with you. The test is VERY thorough. Things that I expected to be minor FYIs turned out to be very prominent points on the exam. I certainly am not going to take the next exam for granted.