Re: View performance problem

From: <jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:31:58 GMT

If any init.ora paremeters were changed, it could effect the execution plan. Does the execution plan look good (i.e. no cartiesion merge joins) If the execution plan look bad look at the statistics on the table they may have been deleted or, if your using the choose mode for your optimizer and sombody analyzed the table, the execution path could change. If it looks like the query is executing a logical plan, then the next thing would be to look at the wait statistics for the session while executing the query. Either look in V$SESSION_WAIT or use oradebug to turn on event 10046 (I don't know how to do this on NT) and look at the resulting trace file.

In article <903aki$3ju$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   terry_stjean_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have a view created which joins 3 tables. A product table, a store
> table and a sales transaction table.
> Up until this past week, hen I queried the view, the performance
 wasn't
> bad, however this week the performance is really slow. This is even
> with no on else on the system.
> No changes have been made to the view and no data was added to the 3
> tables the view uses.
> I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas of things to check?
> We are running Oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4.
>
> Terry
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 19:31:58 CST