Re: Oracle on OpenVMS or Unix

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:06:47 -0500

David,

you are right in saying that "NT was originally written by one of the team that developed and coded VMS" and to-day I still don`t understand why the NT OS is so messy. 3rd party vendors on the VMS OS NEVER overwrite system stuff (DLL`s in NT) making the system or other applications crash after you install something. Why do they do it on NT? It would be a lot more stable if that practice would be stopped. Let the vendors use the system libraries, not modify them.

Syltrem