Re: can't connect to the database by using Sqlplus

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:48:58 +0100

IIRC, the audit trail for SYSDBA/SYSOPER access (which you are attempting) is located in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms or $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin.

Try to connecting as an ordinary user first (using ORACLE_SID), from a different user than oracle. I'm guessing you will get ORA-1034 and the protection of your files and directories is incorrect.

Hth,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA