Re: Compatibility between ORACLE8.0.4 and Windows2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:29:29 +0100

"Raphaël DELOIN" <raph.deloin_at_ad6.com> wrote in message news:902i1c$d2r$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr...
> Do you know anything about this subject ?
> When I install Oracle 804 on a Wi_ndows 2000 OS there is a error during
 this
> installation (Watson Doctor) ?
> Thanks a lot .
>
> Raphael.

8.0.4 has been desupported by Oracle.
Thus it has never been certified against Win2K With Microsoft software you should never assume you can just upgrade. The first version of Oracle certified and supported against Win2K is 8.1.6 This has been posted in this group numerous times. The archives of this group are located at www.deja.com, could you please consult them or Metalink before you start such a question.

Regards,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 04:29:29 CST