Re: Select from dual.

From: Kevin <kevin_at_pacificdbms.com.au>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:03:12 +1000

Hi,

It is possible, without the join. I have seen a database where someone has inserted a record into dual. Every select from dual returned multiple rows. From an application development point of view you could trap it and provide a suitable message "Select from dual returned multiple rows - Contact your DBA on xxxxx"

Regards,

Kevin