Re: Minimum privileges to run utlbstat and utlestat

From: <xo55ox_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:35:13 GMT

I can see that the DBA role obtain a lot of different powerful privileges. The main purpose for this user account is to run utlbstat and utlestat only; therefore, DBA role's privileges will be too much. Even the SELECT ANY TABLE is needed to be eliminated for security purposes. Based on the above reason, are there any other alternatives?

Very desperate for any suggestions. Thanks.

In article <901g4u$mdq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote:
> In our last gripping episode xo55ox_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What are the minimum privileges required for a user to run the
> > utlbstat.sql and utlestat.sql if I don't want the scripts to be run
> > under sys or system user?
> >
> > Currently, I have a user X who has CONNECT, RESOURCE and
> > SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE privileges. But once the SQL statement tries to
> > select from v$filestat, ts$, v$datafile and file$ all together to
 create
> > a view, it fails with ora-01031 insufficient privileges. I did try
> > grant select object privilege on ts$ and file$ to the user. And I am
> > able to select v$filestat and v$datafile manually. Am I still
 missing
> > some privileges? How can I fix it?
> >
> > Any information/help will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Usually DBA accounts have no problem executing utlbstat/utlestat.
> Remember that utlbstat/utlestat were written to run from svrmgrl, not
> sqlplus. I would query ROLE_SYS_PRIVS where role = 'DBA' to determine
> what privileges a DBA has in the database.
>
> --
> David Fitzjarrell
> Oracle Certified DBA
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 19:35:13 CST