MSSQL can,ORACLE can't?? [auto number]

From: <admire_tw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:11:32 GMT

there is a simple question about auto increment ID we know that
"insert into table (id,name) values ([seq_name].nextValue,'test')"
will add(1,'test') to table ,but you still add "[seq_name].nextValue" to SQL command .This is differ with mysql or MSSQL.

My Q. is if we create table (id number primary key,name varchar2(20)) I hope id can create automaticaly,I just command
"insert into table(name) values('test')" so that
(1,'test') will add to table.
This is successful in MSSQL,How about Oralce ??

I am not similar with ORACLE . please help me...Thanks a lot!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:11:32 CST