java 1.2 JDBC connection to Oracle 8.1.5 in windows 98

From: Juan Rodriguez <Juanrod_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:06:57 -0000

I am trying to connect to oracle personal edition using java 1.2 and the oracle JDBC drivers in windows 98. I have tried just about everything that i have read in this and other newsgroups. However, it seems imposible to connect to the database. I can connect to the database using SQL+ but not using the JDBC. My windows registry looks like this

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORACLE\HOME0

        Value name                                         Value Data

        DATABASE_STARTUP                   AUTO
        DBA_AUTHORIZATION                    oracle
        LISTENER_STARTUP                      NOAUTO
        MSHELP_TOOLS                             d:\Oracle\Ora81\MSHELP
        NLS_LANG
AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
        ORA_ORCL_PFILE
d:\Oracle\Ora81\database\initorcl.ora
        ORACLE_BASE                              d:\Oracle
        ORACLE_GROUP_NAME             Oracle - OraHome81
        ORACLE_HOME_KEY                   Software\ORACLE\HOME0
        ORACLE_HOME_NAME               OraHome81
        ORACLE_SID                                  ORCL
        PO8                                                    yes
        RDBMS_ARCHIVE
d:\Oracle\Ora81\DATABASE\ARCHIVE
        RDBMS_CONTROL                       d:\Oracle\Ora81\DATABASE
        SQLPATH                                        d:\Oracle\Ora81\dbs

When I run the net8 assistant it show three listeners int the listener's folder which are:

                                            Protocol            Key
Host             Port         Protocol stack support
    Listener one:                     IPC
 ORCL            ----------          -------            net8 client
    Listener two:                     TCP            ----------
l5h2x7          1521            net8 client
    Listener three:                  TCP            ----------
l5h2x7          2481            IIOP client

Could anyone tell me how to connect to the database?

Thanks in advance.

Juan Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:06:57 CST