Re: can't connect to the database by using Sqlplus

From: <gmei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:50:30 GMT

Looks like your unix login user "oralab" does not have the privilege. Which group is "oralab" in? What is the unix login user for the already running database? Try to use that user account to login to unix system, set ORACLE_SID to lab and then try sqlplus or svrmgrl.

Hope this helps.

Guang

In article <901o25$5ta$1_at_news.seed.net.tw>,   "Jennifer Chang" <jchang_at_mac.com> wrote:
> hi,
> I created a database whose SID is "lab" on a Solaris machine in addition
> to an already-running database.
> I used account "oralab" whose environment variable ORACLE_SID is "lab" to
> log in to the Solaris.
> but I couldn't use sqlplus to connect to the database "lab" (command:
> sqlplus /nolog
>
> connect / as sysdba )
> here is the error message:
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file
> SVR4 Error: 13: Permission denied
> Additional information: 9925
>
> I've tried to change the directory
> "/oracle/oracle_dba/OraHome1/rdbms/audit" into writable so that I could
> connect to the database, but I didn't think this is the solution.
> please help, thank you.
>
> Jennifer C

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:50:30 CST