Re: Loading Data

From: Matthew Fuller <matthewlf_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:56:16 GMT

In article <GiEU5.143$2P3.11468_at_bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,   "D.D." <d.delisser_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Help!
>
> I need to retrieve data from another sever each night. The data will
 go
> into an existing table on the current server. Example, tables are
 set up on
> one server, I want to be able to create the table and load the data
 from
> another server each night. I have no idea how to do this or what
 tools to
> use to accomplish this. Please help!
>
> Thanks for your help!
> David

David,

So long as the tables you speak of are in another Oracle instance you can use replication to get the data from one server to another. Check out Snapshots and Replication in the Oracle docs. Note that your databases will have to be of compatible versions in order for replication to work.

HTH. Matt.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 06:56:16 CST