resizing initial extent downwards

From: Steve Salvemini <steve.salvemini_at_adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:11:56 +1030

What we'd like to do is delete 90% of a table (where the initial extent has been extended to take up the whole table ie. 250Mb), and reclaim that space.

We initially thought that by exporting the table and re-importing it, the initial
extent would be set to the actual size of the table. It doesn't though, it keeps it at 250Mb, where the data now only needs 20Mb as an initial extent.

We are doing this same process for some 200+ tables so a generic solution would be best.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 00:41:56 CST