Re: TNS:listner Error

From: kush <kdhakal_at_eline.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:15:21 GMT

Hi! Thanks for the answer. Actually I am using toad to connect to two different oracle database resides on two different solaris box. Right now, I can connect to one of the box but couldn't connect to the other(getting same 12514 error). Although I have different oracle homes, I know which one Toad is using and have placed necessary code in tnsnames.ora file inside oracle home/network/admin. So now, this tnsnames.ora file has connection code(service name) to connect to two different database on two seperate machine. So from the same tnsnames.ora file, I can connect to one of the box and couldn't connect to another. I have even tried placing TNS_ADMIN key in every oracle home to point to the oracle home which Toad is using, still no use. Now, I want to know what should I check next? Thanks for the help.

kush
"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:8vh43r$4is9e$6_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de...
> It has to be exactly the same.
> Probably you are not using the tnsnames.ora you think you are using. Check
> for multiple tnsnames.ora on your client and/or try to play with the TOAD
> options to ignore/include NET8.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> "kush" <kdhakal_at_eline.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all, I just have successfully installed oracle 8i on solaris. Now
 when