Re: Oracle Certification

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:18:42 GMT

In our last gripping episode amana32_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Thanks for the info. 39 out of 57 (68.4%) sounds pretty cool. From
> where did you get this number (39). I am asking because I want to know
> for all other 4 papers also before I appear for the certification
 exam.

> Thanks once again
>
> Aman
>
> In article <f6OU5.25271$Y6.7911723_at_news1.mntp1.il.home.com>,
> "Kevin McDaniel" <kmcdaniel96_at_home.com> wrote:
> > For which exam? I just took SQL and PL/SQL and there were 57
 questions on
> > the exam. You have to have at least 39 correct answers to pass.
> >
> > "amana32" <dontmailme_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > All
> > >
> > > I am planning to appear for DBA certification exam. I want to know
 how
 many
> > > questions usually do they ask in one paper? What % one has to
 score in
> > > order to qualify?
> > >
> > > I appreciate your help.
> > >
> > > Aman
> > >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

The exams change on a regular basis and can include varying numbers of beta questions that are not scored. Out of that 57 question total 8 of those questions may have been beta questions thus bringing the number of scorable questions to 49. This changes the percentage required to pass the exam to 80%. This is how you should expect to perform on the exam -- 80% or better. The number of questions can vary from 60 to 80 and the number is not uniform between exams. The number of questions needed to pass each exam is not uniform, either. Using the 80% 'rule' is probably the best hedge against failing.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA