Oracle 8.1.6 on NT/Oracle 8.1.5 on NLM

From: Naushi Hussain <naushi.hussain_at_alliedsignal.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:54:04 -0700

NT problems

  1. does anyone know how do we find out in command mode what is the current oracle-home or oracle-sid.
  2. how do you set your environment to a new oracle home or SID.
  3. I am trying to create a new database using a 'create database script' but when I type svrmgrl I get an error 'tns:12560: protocol adapter error'.

I do not get an error when I set my env. to an existing database and then try svrmgrl.

How can I successfully execute svrmrgl so I can create a database

4. Novell platform

I have installed Oracle successfully and listener is running fine but I cant connect from my work station using EOM or sqlplus. I get the error 'tns12500: listener failed to start a dedicated process.

would appreciate any help. Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 16:54:04 CST