Re: Problems with snapshot

From: Michael Oswald <michael.oswald_at_siemens.at>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:17:46 +0100

Sascha Kiefer schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a strange problem with a snapshot under Oracle 8i 5.1.0

Do you mean 8.1.5?

> In the master db I created a snapshot log (with primary key)
> When I try to make a snapshot with the fast option in my remote
> database I get a message, that the master table has no primary key
> constraint (although it has).

I had the same problems and talked very much with the oracle support and thats definitly a bug in 8.1.5, snapshots with primary keys are not really supported although the documentation says so.

> When I try to make it with rowid, on the remote system I get the
> message: No snapshot log on table ...

For fast snapshots you need to create a snapshot log for example:

create snapshot log on <master_table> with rowid including new values;

That should work.

Michael Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 07:17:46 CST