Re: MQSeries and Oracle in the same transaction

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rosetta.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:02:38 GMT

In article <3a206490.174845134_at_news.earthlink.net>,   luluwilliams_at_earthlink.net (Lucille Williams) wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:14:51 GMT, "Andrew Francis" <aaf7_at_cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
> It should be via a two-phase commit. I have done such via MQ and DB2
> in the past. You will probably need distributed transaction support
> from Oracle.
>
> >Is itpossible to enlist an MQSeries queue handle and an Oracle
 database in
> >the same transaction on Solaris 8i?
> >Pls reply to afrancois_at_x-b-x.com because I do not usually scan these
> >newsgroups.

I developed a Oracle 8i and MQSeries program in C++ on Solaris. To have Oracle generate content for the MQSeries is very straight forward as is to respond to MQSeries activity.

My plan:

Open database
Loop

    Gather data
    Build MQSeries message/buffer
    Open MQSeries
    Send MQSeries message
    Close MQSeries channel
    if successful update database on transmission     Fetch more data
end loop
close database

I built a similar plan for extracting messages in the log queue that also updated the database.

Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics
mkrolewski_at_rosetta.org

              Ususual disclaimers

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 15:02:38 CST