Re: How do I start Oracle 8i???

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:15:07 +1100

What you need to realise is that ALL Oracle installations create two users by default. SYSTEM (password MANGER) and SYS (password CHANGE_ON_INSTALL).

Log on as either if those two, and you can do anything you like inr egard to creating new users or changing the passwords of existing users.

That, of course, is in the most rudimentary documentation, but I agree that most people can't be bothered to read it.

Regards