Re: Raise my exception with ORA-code (?)

From: Philipp Spaniol <philipp.spaniol_at_balcab.ch>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:55:30 +0100

Dear Corvax,
I had the same Problem. It seems not to be possible in just one call. I chose the solution with a Function that accepts an the sqlcode variable an returns a String.
In this function, within a a battery of IF... ELSIF statement I assign eg. v_string := 'parent_key_not_found' for the value -20291 . If I dont get a match (ELSE) I assign the v_String := sqlerrm(<errno_entered>).
These Strings I use for writing log, output on screen or whatever I want to do whith the error message in an Errorhandle.

Best Regards
Philipp Spaniol Received on Sat Nov 25 2000 - 05:55:30 CST