Re: SQL Tunning using Indexes

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:49:42 GMT

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:57:21 -0000, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>It's certainly an option to consider.
>In fact it's always worth considering having
>different degrees of parallelism on the index
>and the table when using partitioned tables.
>There may be cases where (for example)
>a parallel degree 10 scan of a table and a
>parallel degree 5 index range scan perform
>at about the same speed, but one is more
>desirable than the other for some application
>dependent reason.

Jonathan,

Parallel index range scan is only available in 8i, isn't it? I don't think it can be done by hint on 8.0.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I've got a partitioned table and local index that could benefit from parallel index range scan, but I'm stuck on 8.0... (third party s/w!)

TIA Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sat Nov 25 2000 - 05:49:42 CST