When an ITL entry can be reused??

From: <jrodon_at_isasa.es>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:20:18 GMT

Hi Oracle experts.

I'm trying to understand how does it work Oracle to make read consistents.

I know the existence of the locked flag in the row, the ITL table in the data block header and the table transaction in the rollback segment header. I understand too how to follow this sequence to find if the row is locked or not.

But I don't understand when an ITL entry can be reused or a new entry must be created. If the transaction has commited this ITL entry can be reused??. And what about "consistent reads" for other transactions??

Anybody can explain me this.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 24 2000 - 03:20:18 CST