Re: insert of multiple rows

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 24 Nov 2000 11:18:22 GMT

steno <snovotny_at_integro.net> skrev i artiklen <8vlg58$4vc7g$1_at_ID-37725.news.dfncis.de>...
> we have a small delphi program for an import of creditcard-debits
> into oracle. the program is very simple and inserts ~20.000 datasets.
> that works very slow because we need one insert per dataset.
> according to the oracle guide it is possible to insert multiple
> datasets with one insert-statement.

You want to use Array DML. From the DOA help: Array DML is an Oracle feature that allows an application to insert, update or delete multiple records with one single statement in one single network roundtrip. This can increase performance significantly for batch processing. In a WAN configuration, dramatic performance gains can be achieved.
To make use of array DML, you need to supply arrays of variant values to the SetVariable method of a TOracleQuery. All arrays should be of equal length.

DOA is Direct Oracle Access available at http://www.allroundautomations.nl/  Its a rather cheap but great tool for accessing Oracle from Delphi. I dont know if BDE supports Array DML. Try asking in borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers.

Peter Laursen Received on Fri Nov 24 2000 - 05:18:22 CST