Core dump when trying to install 8.1.6 on Linux

From: Ken Snyder <ksnyde_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:35:00 -0800

All,

    I have downloaded AND ordered the CD from Oracle and in both cases when I try to run the runInstaller program it core dumps! I am running Linux Mandrake with the 2.2.15 kernel of Linux. I went through all pre-installation steps and everything should be in order. I'm at a loss. It looks like the CD-ROM has it's own version of the JDE which would remove my concern that my JDE was getting in the way (I removed the CLASSPATH and PATH's pointing to it anyway).

    Can anyone help? I might try a "silent install" but I'd really hate to do this.

ken snyder
ksnyde_at_pacbell.net Received on Fri Nov 24 2000 - 16:35:00 CST