Re: Need fast response

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:40:02 +0100

Sorry to say so, but the fastest response would have been provided by the Oracle Server Utilities Manual.
Also if you want a fast response from this newsgroup, please bear in mind Usenet is a volunteer business.

Your file parameter is NOT correct.
If you are on Unix you can redirect the output to a pipe, and run a gzip process in the background to read from that pipe, this will do a compress on the fly.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA