What should I notice when I drop an index and recreate it.

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:06:05 +1100

Hi,

   Recently, I drop an index and recreate that index in different type. Some of the packages became INVALID.
As I know, in Oracle, you can drop and alter an index at any time. Oracle recommends that you should notice the performance. I have no idea why this recreating index cause the package being INVALID. One thing I am not sure is that maybe some packages are particularly specified to use that dropped index, thus cause the package invalidated.

What should I watch out when I recreating Indexes?

Many Thanks for any help

Chuan Received on Thu Nov 23 2000 - 21:06:05 CST