Re: Oracle 8 on Windows 2000 server

From: George Barbour <george.barbour_at_gecm.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:12:16 -0000

I think clarification is needed.
Oracle "support" all of their products, all of the time, e.g. they still support and continue to support Oracle 6,7 and 8. (maybe even 5?). What they don't do is fix bugs on a de-supported release, but they will help you solve problems and provide workarounds. ( and of course encourage you to upgrade).

An Oracle product must be certified against an operating system before I would consider it safe to use on that operating system. Scary stories about what Oracle db works with what OS, and what is supported and what is not, can seriously damage my health.

Please feel free to enlighten me if I am wrong. George Barbour.