Oracle Join Optimization

From: <geenstones_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:45:02 GMT

Can I get oracle to only scan the results of a joined query?
Example:

Select * from table1,table2
where table1.id = table2.id and
table1.field1 = 'test'

In this query, Oracle is doing a full scan on table1 to find 'test'. After the scan is over, it will then do the join.

I really want it to only find 'test' on the resulting records of the join.

Hope this make sense.

-G

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 14:45:02 CST