Database in Redhat Linux

From: Freelancer <someone_at_somewhere.world>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:47:59 -0500

I need decide which database going to run for Redhat Linux. I know MySQL is the most popular one in Linux world. I need you help me to fill out the blank and hole (?) in table below.

                        Databases for Linux (Redhat)
Y -- yes; N -- No; NA -- not apply; ? -- don't know/not sure

Database Trigger/Store Procedure Transaction Foreign Key Constrain

JDBC/RowSet           C/C++ Library  PerlDBI
MySQL      N           N                          N
N                               Y (mm.sql tyep 4)
Y?                   Y
Postgres      Y?          ?                           Y

Informix
Sybase
Oracle
DB2

I know Oracle, Sybase, Informix and DB2 support most or all of them in UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, etc.) But I am not sure are they also support in Linux. Thank you very much if you can fill out the blanks and/or holes for me. Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 21:47:59 CST