Replication Manager error!!!

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:35:27 GMT

Replication Manager error!

Database is Oracle 8.1.5 on solaris 2.6
OEM 2.1 is on Windows NT workstation + sp3

Try to set up multimaster env by using Replication Manager. Installation of OEM 2.1 is fine, also the other parts of OEM 2.1 also work well.

My steps:
1. Log in replication managaer as 'sys' user to the Oracle database directly.
2. Choose 'setup' -> 'master sites...'
3. click 'add', input the master site name and password of SYSTEM user. click 'add' and 'ok'
4. click 'next', and leave everything as default settings 5. click 'next' and 'next'. Use default settings(no master sites schema setting)
6. in 'set default link scheduling' and 'set default purge job scheduling' windows, change 'interval' to every 1 minute and leave other settings as default values.

7. No operation in 'customize mater sites' window
8. click 'finish' and 'ok'
9. when doing "grant admin prilvileges to 'REPADMIN' at site 'xxxx'",
the error is:
stack trace........
ORA-06550 line 2 column 4
PLS-00201 identifier 'DBMS_REPCAT_ADMIN.GRANT_ADMIN_ANY_SCHEMA' must be declared
ORA-06550 line 2 column 4
PL/SQL statement ignored

when "creatting receiver 'REPADMIN' at site 'xxxx'", the error is: stack trace...........
ORA-06550 line 2 column 4
PLS-00201 identifier 'DBMS_DEFER_SYS.REGISTER_PROPAGATEOR' must be declared
ORA-06550 line 2 column 4
PL/SQL statement ignored

when do "scheduling purge at site 'xxxx'" the error is:

ORA-06550 line 2 column 4
PLS-00201 identifier 'DBMS_DEFER_SYS.SCHEDULE_PURGE' must be declared
ORA-06550 line 2 column 4

PL/SQL statement ignored
  1. After this, when I try to to create mater groups by using: choose 'group' -> 'master' -> 'create'.

Then in 'objects' tab, click 'add'. when I try to add some tables belonged to certain user, the error is:

select object_name,nls_initcab(object_type),owner from sys.dba_objects where owner='USERNAME' and object_type in ('TABLE') and object_name not like '%%$%%' and (object_name,owner,object_type) not in (select oname,sname,type from sys.dba_repobject) order by 1,3,2;

ORA-00942: table or view doesn't exist

Obviously the 'dba_repobject' doesn't exist.

Do I have to run some scripts to make replication manager work? Could anyone help me out?
Does OEM 2.1 work on Oracle 8.1.5?

Thanks a lot!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 14:35:27 CST