TNS-01103 error.

From: Diviner Chan <diviner_at_hknet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:36:06 +0800

I try to use "lsnrctl status" to test it, it reflect error:   "TNS-01103: Protocol specific component of the address is     incorrectly specified."
I read some news from newsgroup, said that it is the db_name not consistance in both initfast.ora and control file. I checked the init file and the DB_NAME parameter in it is set to "fast"(my SID. I have to say my database is created by a new tools -- "dbassist" in Oracle 8i. But its database modification function has some bug in my Linux. I am no idea. So I just can do now is manually dig inside.) But I don't know how to confirm the DB_NAME setting in it's control file. The control file is named "control01.ctl" (something
like that), but the file is seems to be a binary file.

So how to do the trouble shooting now?

--
Best regards,
Chan Chu Man