Re: Easy way to convert SQL Server Views into Oracle views?

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:55:35 GMT

the most easy way of doing your stuff is that you use the Oracle Migration workbench.

the Workbench option for sql server you have to Install throught Coustom setup of the Oracle Universal Installer.

this can convert the views , , but I think that by cconverting only views would not solve your problem , because you have to have import the tables associated with those views.

I remember there is also a tool called Erwin logic Works, this can solve you problem , like a piece of cake.

So before trying the Oracle Migration Workbench try Erwin

Faheem.

In article <8veo5g02vud_at_enews3.newsguy.com>,   "Robert Martin" <rwmartin_at_sisconet.com> wrote:
> I know this is probably far fetched, but would there happens to be an
> application that I could use to convert my SQL Server 7.0 views
 straight
> into Oracle 8i SQL?? I have a ton of views to convert over to Oracle
 and I
> am trying to get it done as quickly as possible. I ordered the
 book "Oracle
> 8i: The Complete Reference" and I sure hope they explain the syntax of
> Oracles version of SQL (to me SQL should be standard across all RDBMS
> products but obviously isn't). Thanks in advance :)

> Robert Martin (rwmartin_at_sisconet.com)
> Design Engineer
> SISCO Inc,
> 6605 19 1/2 Mile Road
> Sterling Heights, MI 48314-1408
> Phone : 810-254-0020 (ext 125)
> Fax : 810-254-0053

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 19:55:35 CST