Resolve TM lock

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:07:35 +1100

Hi, all

  I got an error when I drop a table "ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified".

I figure out that table was locked by a session. Therefore, I use "alter system kill session 'sid,serial#' " to kill session. Finally, that session is marked "killed".

Again, I still cannot drop that table.

Have any idea what anything I can do for this situation.

My platform is on Solaris 2.7, Oracle EE 8.1.5.

Many Thanks

Chuan Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 22:07:35 CST