Shutdown abort hangs.

From: Baldo <dana.stockler_at_twobits.no>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:16:00 +0100

Can anyone offer any reasons as to what can cause a shutdown abort to hang?

I use shutdown abort (followed by startup restrict) in a weekly maintenance script. Twice in the last month the script has hung at shutdown abort. I can't find any reason for this.

Platform is NT4/SP6. Oracle version is 8.0.6.

TIA,
Baldo Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 06:16:00 CST