VLDB topic

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:54:36 GMT

Hi,

For a Oracle 8i VLDB on Solaris which is growing constantly, we try to make a plan to do the 'archive' job. This means we have to backup some old data and delete them from database to free more space for new data. The 'delete' in Oracle is very expensive, and I want to know:

for this kind of VLDB in your guys' sites, what's your plan to do 'arcvhive' job? Setup more boxes, or something else? Also, is there any 3rd party tool to do this kind of job? How about the performance? ('cause while you delete old data, the new data are being inserted all the time).

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 13:54:36 CST