Remote Oracle install on Red Hat LINUX

From: Scottfreemail <scottfreemail_at_aol.comnospam>
Date: 20 Nov 2000 21:42:15 GMT

I'm having problems installing Oracle 8i (8.1.6) on my co-hosted server running LINUX. I downloaded the software (all 288MB of it) from Oracle website, and noticed that the install wizard needed a specific JAVA viewer to run. I tried various viewers without any success -- it seems the version of viewer that this version of Oracle requires is obsolete ! I really want to install Oracle in character mode if at all possible (since I only have telnet access to my box).

2 questions:

  1. Can anyone point me to a mirror for an older version of Oracle under LINUX (eg. 8.0.6) because apparently this java viewer thing is new to 8.1
  2. Can anyone advise me of a mirror which might give me better joy, or assist me in solving this problem?

Regards
Scott Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 15:42:15 CST