Re: Promblem: /tmp space during 8.1.6 install

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 21:42:15 -0000

It's not so easy to get it right in advance. When I installed HP-UX on a system that
required the logical volume manager to be used for the root volume, it gave me a logical volume for /tmp - now I can't rebuild /tmp without doing all sorts of nasty things (I don't have the cutesy extra license options) so I keep hitting the same problem - especially when patching the o/s !!

In this case, the install writes to /tmp/OraInstall, so you could create an 'OraInstall' somewhere else, then create a symbolic link to it

    ln -s /u01/OraInstall /tmp/OraInstall

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison Wesley Longman
Book bound date: 8th Dec 2000
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i