Re: imp-exp tools

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:49:09 GMT

In article <8vbb3o$9mj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote:
> In article <8vbab1$939$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> carl_bruneau_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > In article <8v7824$cn0$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > faheemrao_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > In article <8v4915$8i3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > > carl_bruneau_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > >

> > Hello Faheem, fisrt of all, thank's for your help with this one:
> >
> > > I have red the Both suggestion to problem , they may be correct.
 But
> > > my understanding that it is not neccassry that you have to have
 the
> > > tablespace with the same name , from which the export(dmp) file
 has
> > > been generated, you can import that dmp file to any user
 regardless
 of
> > > its defaul tablespace name.
> > > I think you have not granted the quota to the user in which you
 want
> > > import the dmp file , so make sure that you must have grant the
 quota
> > > to the user to any tablespace you need.
> >
> > All our users have unlimited quota on their default tablespaces.
> >

> > > You can also grant role "resource" to the to_user.
> > >
> > > try
> > >
> > > sql> grant resource to to_user;
> > >
> > > then try the import.exe file , I think you might not get any
 error.

> > It work. Now, can you tell me why? If I take a look at the resource
> > role, I see that it include those privileges:
> >
> > create cluster
> > create indextype
> > create operator
> > create procedure
> > create sequence
> > create table
> > create trigger
> > create type
> >
> > Among those there is 3 privileges included in the connect role wicth
> > every of our users have: create cluster, create sequence and create
> > table.
> >
> > If I try to grant just those 5 left to the "touser", it doesn't
 work.
 Is
> > it just related to the fact that the user have the resource role?
 Seems
> > weird to me.

well, Carl, there is something special about the resource role which David a hinted to but for some reasons wasn't explicit about. the resource role when granted to a user also, implicitly, grant 'unlimited tablespace' system privlige to the user. so among the privliges assigned through the resource role you've noted above, please, also include the unlimited tablespace system privlege and that would explain why granting resource role to a user did the trick.

the resource role when granted to a user does grant the unlimited tablespace priv as well but when revoked doesn't revoke this privlege though!

HTH, ATTA

> > Thank's a lot.
> >
> > Carl
> >
> > > Faheem