Re: Can NOT start second database

From: R. Schierbeek <info_at_bytelife.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:01:52 +0100

Hello Kevin,

correct, shmmax=64MB is much too small.
The 2 SGA's should fit into your 256 MB RAM, so be careful about size of

 db_block_buffer
 shared_pool_size

Each user process get one semaphore, so lower

 processes to < 20 (or increase semmni)

Good luck,

    Roelof

R. Schierbeek, DBA
email : info_at_bytelife.com
www : www.bytelife.com
Kevin Haas <kahaas_at_carolina.rr.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3A172260.C3FED288_at_carolina.rr.com...