Re: snapshot too old question

From: Hugh Patrick <hugh.patrick_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:29:50 +0000

mr_potato_head_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm running 8.1.6 on solaris 7 and I'm getting a "snapshot too old"
> on a table that is not being updated. I thought I could only get this
> error if the table was being updated and the rollback came around on the
> rollback segment and over wrote my files I needed for read consistency.
> Why would I get this error on a table that is just being "select"ed not
> being update? Thanks in advance...
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

It can depend on what was done to the table prior to the query. This can occur even when updates etc. have been committed on the table before the query started. I've hit this for the last 9 months or so when running PL/SQL written by another team at work.

It would help to see a skeleton outline of what you're doing, to see if you've hit the same problem.

Hugh Received on Sun Nov 19 2000 - 09:29:50 CST