Moving a lot of rows against a remote database using db-link

From: Antonio Sant <asant_at_iol.it>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 21:30:13 GMT

Hi there!

I was wandering if there's another way to do this:

I have a table with 100 columns on the avarage I must move 1000 rows from a local db to a remote one.
The db are running Oracle 7.3, the local db is a Staging schema and the remote one is a datawarehouse partitioned on 10 schemas.

So here the question: what is the best way of moving 1000 rows (or more :) against the db in a very short time (few seconds) without using SQL*Loader?

I heard that with Dynamic-SQL you can "bind array" (better you can pack you data) so you can only a few insert.

Is this true? For now I'm using a solution like:

Insert into far_table_at_far_db
select * from local_table

Is this effective? Can we do better?

Thanks! Received on Sat Nov 18 2000 - 15:30:13 CST